12 July 2016

A Little Happy Year ~ Block of the Month

Thank you so much for cheering me on with my Quilt Top....I can not tell you how much fun I've had planning and stitching it.  So without further ado.....here it is...

 My plans for some outside shots were swiftly abandoned  due to the wind ..... can you see my able assistants Andy, Jamie and Poppy holding the quilt down ....... I think some of my neighbours had a little giggle at our antics!


The quilt combines a gorgeous scrappy mix of lots of Tilda fabrics from collections old and new, including the latest collections Cabbage Rose and Memory Lane due for release later this summer!  The pretty Tilda's are combined with a selection of low volume text prints and blender prints, from design houses including amongst others Moda, Art Gallery Fabrics and Cloud 9, plus I've added in a soft white Bella Solid in to the blocks and for the borders.




I know from the emails that I've received there were quite a few questions so I thought it would be a good idea to do a Q&A......  

What is a Block Of The Month (BOM) Club and how does it work?

A block of the month is a parcel full of loveliness that you will receive directly through your letterbox each month for a year.  It will include all the fabrics and if required, English Paper Pieces required for you to sew that months block, plus of course, detailed instructions for how to piece each block will also be included.  To support, I will also be sharing tutorials and tips on here.

At the end of the year you will have received enough pretty fabric and instructions to make your very own 'A Little Happy Year' Quilt Top.

How big is the finished Quilt?

The Quilt measures 57" x 72"

How long will the Club run for?

The club will run for 12 months commencing in October 2016 and will run through to and including September 2017.

What techniques will be used?

The quilt combines a mix of Machine Piecing, English Paper Piecing and Applique*.

*I used the Turn Through Interfacing method for the applique, but you could use Needle Turn or Raw Edge.... it is entirely up to you.

Will I receive exactly the same fabrics as used in the sample?

Mum and I will as far as possible send the same fabrics as I used, if this is not possible then rest assured we will send something equally as scrumptious!

What threads did Sarah use?

I used Aurifil 50wt thread to stitch mine, both on the machine and for all the hand stitching.  We will be putting together  a selection of threads to co-ordinate, more information to follow.

What other supplies will I need?

Applique supplies depending on your chosen method, EPP supplies again depending upon your chosen method (but the papers will be supplied when needed), plus your usual patchwork and sewing related tools.

Can I purchase the pattern on its own?

No, not at this moment in time......many hours have been spent designing this quilt specifically for our inaugural Block of the Month Club......Sorry!

HOW CAN I JOIN?

Places for the club are limited and all our friends and customers from across the world are invited.

If you would like to join, we'll be opening the Club via the website on

Friday 15th July at 7pm GMT



Phew....are you still with me.  Mum and I hope that you will join us in stitching along and if in the meanwhile you have any questions, as always please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love the idea of this, but I've never made a quilt before. I made a single block before; will this project be too much do you think? I was thinking that if it's block by block that it would be manageable for a beginner. Kind regards T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toosh, thanks so much for leaving a comment. I think this quilt would be an enjoyable challenge, but one that does involve lots of techniques. It may be a good idea to try out EPP, Applique and Machine piecing on some sample blocks and then if you enjoy it, sign up. You can find various projects to have a go at in the Tutorials section her on the blog. The last thing I would want is for you to sign up and then not enjoy it! Sarah xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig